To participate as a trainee, the following need be done/observed, prior to coming to the workshop:
- Fill-in and submit the workshop registration form. Upon receiving your registration form, the workshop organisers will be contacting you to confirm your participation.
- Retrieve and read the DBTech VET e-book entitled "SQL Transactions: Theory and Hands-On Exercises". The morning session of the workshop will focus on selected exercises from the hands-on laboratory practice sections 1.6 and 2.5 in the book.
- In addition to and in parallel with the above (2) you may wish to also watch the eight (8) one-hour video recorded webinar sessions of the May-June 2013 SQL Transactions course offering (in English) or, alternatively, enrol to attend the Greek version of the same course scheduled to be offered over the Internet in February-March 2014.
- Download and install on your laptop computer the DBTechNet DebianDB Database Laboratory virtual machine. The latter requires the presence of the Oracle VM VirtualBox (plus its associated Extension Pack!) in the host operating environment, so please make sure to have installed them beforehand. The DBTechNet DebianDB Database Laboratory virtual machine has pre-installed and pre-configured in it all the database software needed for running the exercises of the "SQL Transactions: Theory and Hands-On Exercises" book, plus those to be considered during the hands-on laboratory sessions of the workshop. Have a look at the DBTechNet video on how to install Oracle VirtualBox and the DebianDB virtual machine into a host environment running Microsoft Windows 7.
- Make sure to bring along to the workshop your laptop computer, prepared and pre-configured in accordance with step number 4, above. It will NOT be possible to participate in/attend the workshop unless you have a ready-to-use laptop computer with you.
Sunday 30 March 2014:
- Registration is now closed. It is very important that registered individuals who are unable to participate in the workshop contact the organisers by email at email@example.com and inform them of this development. This will make possible the re-allocation of the corresponding reserved places to apllicants awating approval of their participation in the event.
- A helpdesk has been arranged to operate on the day before the workshop (Wednesday 9 April 2014), from 3.00 pm to 6.00 p.m. at the "Melpomeni" room of the Makedonia Palace Hotel. The helpdesk personnel will be providing technical advise and/or assistance to workshop participants in relation with the installation and the use of the DBTechNet DebianDB VM software.
- Workshop texts and presentation slides